Last weekend I was excited to receive some freshly-caught salmon from a friend, since I’d somewhat lost confidence in buying salmon from stores. Having a day off work, I got creative and served it with my own spin on a parsley-almond salad I’d seen online. I also prepared one of our favourites: Plain & Fancy Cornbread from the Rebar Cookbook. Our kids (and us) love the maple-cinnamon-pecan butter that goes with the simple cornbread (it’s in the yellow bowl).
Cranberry Almond Parsley Salad
1 clove of garlic
1 tblsp.-ish of red wine vinegar
1 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup of toasted sliced almonds
1 handful of cranberries, chopped (I had some in the freezer from last year’s Fort Langley Cranberry Festival).
8 green olives, chopped
- Pour wine vinegar over the minced garlic, and let sit while you make the salad.
- Toast almonds, let cool.
- Pick and chop parsley from backyard.
- Chop olives and cranberries.
- Mix everything together with some olive oil.
- Spoon over oven-roasted salmon and enjoy!