Next up on my sewing streak was a skirt, inspired by the “Rectangle Skirt Deluxe” tutorial that I spotted on pinterest. Look at this little wonder – adorable!
The tutorial had pretty good pictures that I could follow, though the instructions were not in English. I deciphered most of the important points using google translate, except for a couple key points: the pockets and the waistband.
I googled another pattern to figure out the pockets, since I couldn’t detect whether it was the front or back side of the cloth when attaching the pockets.
Another problem, possibly lost in translation, was that the skirt’s ample fullness ends right below what appears to be a non-elasticized waistband. The one I cut was too snug for elastic to make any difference, and my daughter could barely pull the skirt on, so I ended up cutting it and adding a zipper at the back.
So while the final outcome was a little bit botched, I have a happy client who eagerly wore the skirt to school the next day, and our evening stroll that followed: